Employment Issues

If you've lost your job or are being treated unfairly, you need quick, clear and incisive advice without delay.

Employment Law made clear

If you have just lost your job or if you are being treated unfairly at work, you need immediate straightforward specialist advice. Whether your problem concerns dismissal, discrimination or breach of contract Newbys Solicitors will be able to help.

What kind of employment law services do you offer?

We offer specialist employment law advice in all areas of employment law so we can help if you have lost your job and feel you have been unfairly or wrongfully dismissed. We can advise if you have been offered a compromise agreement or if you are being made redundant. We are also able to advise if you have been discriminated against for example on the grounds of sex, race, age, disability or gender orientation. We can also advise on maternity rights and rights relating to holiday entitlements.

What will it cost?

Any type of litigation is expensive and we recognise that if you have just lost your job then the likelihood is that you will have bills to pay and often families to support. For that reason most the claimant work that we undertake in the employment tribunal is undertaken on a no win no fee basis although we are always happy to act for you on a private basis or that it may be that you have insurance through your household insurance policy that covers you in respect of employment tribunal claims. When we first meet we will advise you on whether you have a reasonable case and if so whether we can represent you on a no win no fee basis. If we are able to do so then we will explain how no win no fee works both when we meet and also in writing. Please see the pdf below on our costs transparency statement for employment tribunal services.

How long will it take?

As a general rule employment law cases take three or four months from the date that your employment has ended to the matter being resolved at the employment tribunal. Many cases settle without the need to go to a tribunal through settlements negotiated through ACAS or directly between us and your former employer’s solicitors and more complicated cases can take rather a lot longer.

Can you help me take a case to an employment tribunal?

Yes we can. If you have lost your job or if you have been discriminated against or if it appears that you have a claim against your employer then we are able to assist you in the preparation of a claim and can take all steps on your behalf up to and including representing you at an employment tribunal.

More information

Costs Transparency – Employment Tribunals

Need our help?

Fill in the form and we will be in touch.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
I am happy to be contacted via email
Thank you for contacting us via our webform. We'd like to keep in touch with you by email from time to time. We promise to keep your information safe and will never share it with a third party. If that's OK please tick the box.